SkinPep® Collagen Re-Nu Liquid Shot Sachet
Daily Collagen Drink Mix
PHARMACEUTICAL GRADE MARINE COLLAGEN:
SkinPep® Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot contains a scientifically advanced combination of collagen peptides, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, B1, B2, B3, B5, B6, B12, Biotin, Folic Acid and Flaxseed Lignans. The natural sweetener Stevia and blackcurrant extract has been addedto give a delicious taste with no added calories from sugar.
DESIGNED TO ENHANCE THE SKINPEP RANGE OF ANTI AGEING SKINCARE PRODUCTS:
SkinPep® Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot was developed to be used in conjunction with our Serums, Creams, Powders and Gel Masks. Drinking SkinPep® Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shots daily will support daily collagen maintenance and optimise the level of collagen amino acids in the blood to help the body respond better to our topically applied clinically proven collagen supporting cosmetics.
See www.Collagen-ReNu.com for details of numerous clinical trials confirming the proven action of collagen peptides.
SCIENTIFICALLY ADVANCED FORMULATION
This advanced dry powder nutritional supplement mix has no added artificial colours or preservatives. Regular consumption of collagen peptides (SkinPep® Collagen Re-Nu® liquid shot's combination of collagen peptides and supplements) is clinically proven to support the formation of Collagen in the body.
Various Studies have indicated that when taken orally, the collagen peptides found in SkinPep® Collagen Re-Nu® liquid shots significantly improve basic skin structure and condition when consumed on a daily basis, they help to increase skin hydration levels; improve skin tone, radiance and structure; and reduce fine lines as well as reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- PROMOTE YOUNGER LOOKING SKIN
- SUPPORT HEALTHY SKIN HYDRATION
- HELP SUPPORT HEALTHY LOOKING HAIR & NAILS
- SUPPORT HEALTHY JOINT COLLAGEN
Collagen Re-Nu Liquid Shot Sachet FAQ
SKINPEP COLLAGEN RE-NU® LIQUID SHOT FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Q. What Makes SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot Different From Other Collagen Drinks?
• Collagen Re-Nu® only uses Marine Collagen. (Safe for Vegetarians, Hallal & Kosher as No Porcine or Bovine Collagen used)
Q. How Does SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot Compare In Price To Other Popular Collagen Drinks?
Our Month’s supply of Collagen Re-nu drink mix is only RRP £38.99. Which is less than a 3rd of the price of other collagen drinks brands with half the collagen content per serving.(e.g. Collagen Gold®)
Q. Is SkinPep® Collagen Re-Nu ® Liquid Shot Safe and Natural?
A. Yes our collagen comes from the skin of common species of fish such as Trout and Salmon. Collagen is a natural (fat and sugar free) protein source and cannot harm you in any way or cause any toxicity. If too much is consumed the body will simply use it for daily maintenance of your hail, skin , nails, joints and muscle tissue or convert it to energy and heat.
Q. Why Is SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot Beneficial To Counter The Effects Of Aging?
A. From the Age of 25 your body depletes collagen at 1.5 % every year (e.g. age 35 loss = 15%, age 45 loss = 30% etc.) therefore this system is designed to stimulate collagen production and help replace it.
Q. How Should I Take SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot?
A. Take 1 serving everyday (1 & 3/4 level scoops ) 1-2 hours before food, preferably before bedtime on an empty stomach. Although many people love the tangy black currant taste of our sugar free daily collagen drink, after mixing with water you can add a little fruit juice Cordial to improve the flavour, black currant, apply & mango and tropical have been reported as the best flavours.
Q. How Long Will I Need To Take SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot Before I See Results?
A. The results vary depends on individual body condition. Some people see results in the first 1-2 week, but others may take a few more weeks. Most of the people can see the results around one month because we need to wait for the skin renewal cycle (every 21 days). It is important that you stick with the program for at least 3 months to achieve maximum effects and give the collagen time to build up in your system.
Q. What Results Should I Expect From Taking SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot Every Day?
A. You should feel the skin become smoother over the first few weeks, gradually your skin will become firmer. You should find that the eye area is the first place you notice the lines & wrinkles begin to diminish. Many people report , significantly increased hydration of the skin, improved skin tone and elasticity, diminished fines lines and wrinkles, strengthened hair, nails, skin & joint pain relief and a significantly increase in energy levels and muscle stamina. You will also find that the results of your current surgical and non surgical skin anti ageing treatments and Cosmeceuticals e.g. SkinPep Advance Aesthetic & Anti Ageing range will be significantly enhanced.
Q. Is SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot Of Benefit With Respect To Degenerative Joint Disease?
A. Osteoporosis (loss of bone substance) and osteoarthritis (joint wear) are now widespread diseases that affect much of the population. Since the 70’s, studies have been carried out that clearly show, collagen supplements not only replace missing collagen and prevent degeneration of bone, joint and cartilage; it can also activate the formation of cartilage.**
Add 1-2 scoops (5.3g per scoop) of collagen granules to an empty glass. Slowly add chilled water while stirring briskly with a teaspoon. Let the liquid settle for 1-2 minutes, it will go completely clear and no lumps will be present & drink. For best absorption; consume 1 full serving daily on an empty stomach or 1 hour before your main meal or 2 hours before taking a protein supplement.
For Maximum collagen support up to 3 full Servings per day can be consumed if well tolerated. Consume 1 full serving (2 scoops) per day for 8 weeks as part of our program. Consumption can be reduced to 2-3 times per week for maintenance but it is perfectly safe to continue consuming every day as a food supplement for as long as you feel you need it.
How to enhance the flavour: Add a little 50% fruit juice cordial or Pure Fruit Juice to sweeten. Many customers report that black currant, mango and apple juice is the best. Drinking at least 1-1.5 litres of water per day during your program is recommended for best results and optimal skin hydration.
WARNING: This food supplement should not be used as a substitute for a varied balanced diet. Consult doctor before use if you are pregnant, breastfeeding or su‑er for any medical condition or are taking any medication prior to use. Keep out the reach of children. Not recomended for under 16 years. Store in a cool dark dry place away from direct sunlight or heat. Once water is added to this drink mix it can be stored in a fridge however it must be consumed within 24 hours.
If you use SkinPep® Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shots while your skin is still healthy, your skin will stay looking younger. Consumers have reported improvements in the appearance of ne lines and wrinkles, psoriasis and eczema, as well as an improvement in the condition of their hair, nails and more supple joints
ALLERGY INDICATIONS: This product contains hydrolysed Collagen derived from sh and may also contain soy derivatives. Contains no sugar, No articial preservatives or articial colours. You may experience a mild laxative detoxifying e‑ect for one or two days when you start drinking the formula.
A very small percentage of people taking Vitamin B3 (Niacin) may experience a short-term red ush and/or tingling sensation in the skin that can last around 20 to 60 minutes. This is known as a “Niacin Flush” and is not an allergic reaction. Niacin dilates the small capillaries in the skin increasing blood ow and thus delivering nutrients to areas of poor circulation. This can be alleviated by taking this product with a high carbohydrate low protein meal.
Hydrolysed Marine Collagen, RE-NUTM Proprietary Complex: Calcium Ascorbate, (B3 (nicotinamide), B5 (calcium pantothenate), B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), B1 (thiamine hydrochloride), B2 (riboflavin), B7 (L-biotin), B9 (folic acid), B12 (cobalamin), Sodium Hyaluronate, Flax Seed powder, BlackCurrant Extract powder, sweetener: Steva 1mg per bottle.
CLINICAL STUDIES ON THE MAIN ACTIVE INGREDIENT (HYDROLYSED COLLAGEN) OF SKINPEP®
COLLAGEN RE NU® LIQUID SHOTS
Our skin is made of collagen. As we age, collagen production drops off and skin sags because it gets thinner, weaker, drier, and less resilient, or pliable. This is directly linked to amino acid content. Certain amino acids in the skin’s structure, like glycine, proline, hydroproline, and alanine – decrease with age and bad diet.
SkinPep® Collagen Re Nu® Liquid Shots contains all of the above essential amino acids, and embraces the latest scientific findings. Every day we have customers calling to tell us how Collagen Shots have improved their skin, hair and nails.
Each 10g daily serving of SkinPep® Collagen Re Nu® Liquid Shots contain Hydrolysed Marine Collagen, RE-NUTM Proprietary Complex: Calcium Ascorbate, (B3 (nicotinamide), B5 (calcium pantothenate), B6 (pyridoxine hydrochloride), B1 (thiamine hydrochloride), B2 (riboflavin), B7 (L-biotin), B9 (folic acid), B12 (cobalamin), Sodium Hyaluronate, Flax Seed powder, BlackCurrant Extract powder, sweetener: Steva 1mg per bottle.
A 2008 study in Tokyo  of 33 women ages 40-60 who took 10 g of Hydrolyzed Collagen daily for 2 months showed 91% saw an increase in skin hydration and resilience.
A Dermiscan study in Lyon France in 2008 showed similar findings in an age group of 35-55: an increase in skin smoothness and hydration, using the Corneometer and Skin Image Analyzer technologies. [15, 16] After 12 weeks of 10g Hydrolyzed Collagen daily, 41% less furrowing, less wrinkles, more resilient, more hydrated.
Skin resilience was measured by the C&Z Cutometer, Hydrolyzed Collagen also increases the diameter of collagen fibrils in the dermis by the same mechanism: fibroblast stimulation. This in turn increases cohesion of the dermal collagen fibers themselves, which is a true anti-aging step. In the skin, this action means increased thickness, suppleness and resilience, as well as hydration.
Hydration, or water content of skin tissue, is proven directly related to overall smoothness and decreased furrowing and wrinkling. ( Sumida)
Babraj JA et al 2005: Collagen synthesis in human musculoskeletal tisues and skin. Am J. Ph. Endocrinol Metab. 289 (5) : 864-9.
Fligiel SE et al (2003): Collagen degradation in aged/photo damaged skin in vivo and after exposure to matrix metalloproteinase-1 in vitro. J. Invest. Dermatol. 120, (5) 842-8.
Chung JH (2001): Modulation of skin collagen metabolism in aged and photo aged human skin in vivo. J. Invest. Dermatol. 117, (5): 1218-24.
• Engelbrecht, Christoph - Interview: Paris, France 6 May 2010
• Asghar, A - 1982 chemical biochemical and functional characteristics of collagen Advances in Food Research vol 28 p 231
• Oesser , S - 1999 oral administration of 14cgelatinhydrolasate
• Journal of nutrition vol 129 p1891
• Veldhorst M - Abreakfast with a-lactalbumin protein Clinical Nutrition vol 28 p 147 2009
• Posstlethwaite, A - 1978 Chemotactic attraction of human fibroblasts National Acad. Of Sciences vol 75 (20 p 871)
• Martin A - Advanced nutritional intakes Ed. Tec. & Doc Paris 2001
• Hays N - Effects of whey and fortified collagen Journal of Am. Dietetic Assn. vol 109 p 1082 2009
• Guyton, A.C. M - Textbook of Medical Physiology
• Sumida E The effect of oral ingestion of collagen peptide on skin hydration Journal of Nutritional Food vol 7(3) p 45
• Theodesakis - The Arthritis Cure
• Warberg, Otto - The Metabolism of Tumors
• Rotta Research Labs - “Profile of Glucosamine Sulfate”
• Woods, Chris - “Repairing Parchment With Collagen” 16 Apr 1997
• SOUKEN study Tokyo Japan: two month study hydrolyzed collagen 2008
• ERMISCAN study Lyon France Cutaneous propoerties of hydrolyzed collagen 2008.
• COURAGE and KHAZAKA study moisturizing effect of hydrolyzed collagen measue with Corneometer and Skin Image Analyzer
What Form Collagen Is Contained In SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot?
Collagen Re-Nu® is produced from the fibrous protein extracted from the skin and scales of fish found in the sea of japan and the east china sea. e.g. rainbow trout, tilapia, paddle fish & salmon. the type of collagen of Marine collagen is called Type 1 and 3 collagen. is becoming an increasingly attractive alternative to type 2 collagen from beef or pork derived collagen. Growing concern about infectious agents such as foot and mouth disease, bovine spongiform encephalopathy and viral * infections in beef collagen has helped to accelerate the switch to marine collagen, according to "Animal Cell Technology: Basic & Applied Aspects."
How Is the Hydrolyzed Collagen Contained In SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot Produced?
Collagen Re-Nu® contains Hydrolyzed marine collagen type 1 & type 1 3, which is a pre-digested form is a form of collagen that is known to have superior absorption and numerous clinically proven benefits on the human body. It is also called collagen hydrolysate, collagen peptide. The process of hydrolysis involves breaking down the molecular bonds between individual collagen strands using combinations of heat, acids, alkalis, or enzymes.*
What Are The Clinically Proven Effects (Properties) Of Consuming SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot Every Day For More Than 21 Days.
Optimised Skin health
Marine collagen contains 17 types of the essential and non essential amino acids in a balanced ratio. It is rich in glycine, proline and hydroxyproline which are the main components in human skin.
A preclinical study investigated the effects of oral ingestion of hydrolyzed collagen, along with vitamin C , (in concentrations contained in SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® suggested that the moisture content of skin, its viscoelastic properties, and smoothness benefit.
The mechanism of action of ingested SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® hydrolyzed marine collagen on skin may be the increased density of collagen fibrils and the fibroblasts' density (the fibroblasts being the main cells of the dermis, and those producing collagen). It may be that that the peptides of ingested hydrolyzed collagen have chemotactic properties on fibroblasts or an influence on growth of fibroblasts.
The Glycine and proline amino acid concentration of SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® is as much as 20 times higher than other food sources of protein. . Our qualified biochemists suggest that daily supplementation of the ratio of key collagen forming amino acid, that are found in SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® will cause the body to better respond to cell communicating ingredients like those found in high end Cosmeceuticals e.g. the SkinPep® anti ageing range and aesthetic skincare treatments e.g., micro needle rollers, radio frequency and other electronic skin and collagen stimulating therapies.
Optimised Muscle Function
SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot contains 8 out of 9 essential amino-acids, including glycine and arginine—two amino-acid precursors necessary for the biosynthesis of Creatine. Daily consumption of Collagen ReNu® liquid shot can result in an improvement in muscle strength and explosive energy.
The bioavailability of hydrolyzed collagen was demonstrated in a 1999 study; mice orally administered 14 hydrolyzed collagen digested and absorbed more than 90% within 6 hours, with measurable accumulation in cartilage and skin. A 2005 study found hydrolyzed collagen absorbed as small peptides in the blood.
The hydrolysis process results in reducing the large collagen proteins into smaller peptides which are easily absorbed. Low molecular weight Type I fish collagen peptide is the best collagen for skin rejuvenation. There are more than 20 types of collagen in the body, but Type I collagen comprises about 90% of the collagen found in the body overall. Raising Type I collagen levels in your body by taking SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot provides noticeable anti-aging benefits.
Typically derived from salmon and red snapper, SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot (fish collagen) is up to 1.5 times more absorbent than bovine or porcine collagen because of its low molecular weight*
Joint & Bone Health
Some clinical studies report that the oral ingestion of hydrolyzed collagen decreases joint pain, those with the most severe symptoms showing the most benefit. Beneficial action is likely due to hydrolyzed collagen accumulation in the cartilage and stimulated production of collagen by the chondrocytes, the cells of cartilage. Several studies have shown that a daily intake of hydrolyzed collagen increases bone mass density. It seems that hydrolyzed collagen peptides stimulated differentiation and osteoblasts activity- the cells that build bone- over that of osteoclasts (cells that destroy bone).
Other Efficacy Assertions
It has been claimed that hydrolyzed collagen (e.g. SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Liquid Shot) may promote lean muscle mass through and the burning of fat rather than carbohydrates and proteins, toning and thickening skin, joint rebuilding, arterial strengthening, increased energy, organ rebuilding, alleviate osteoporosis, as well as lessening the symptoms of arthritis, high blood pressure, bladder weakness, chronic fatigue, shallow breathing, autoimmune, skin problems, and splitting nails.
Porcine and bovine collagens are cheaper than fish or marine collagen, so most collagen products on the market are derived from these sources. Bovine collagen originates from cows, while porcine collagen originates from pigs. The collagen is taken from the skin or tendons of these animals. Approximately 3% of the population is allergic to bovine collagen*
SkinPep Collagen Re-Nu® Amino acid content:
The amino acid content of hydrolyzed collagen is the same as collagen. Hydrolyzed collagen contains 20 amino acids, predominantly glycine, proline and hydroxyproline, which together represent around 50% of the total amino acid content.
|Other essential amino acids||16%|
|Other non-essential amino acids||12%|
2. "What is Hydrolyzed Collagen?". Rousselot. Retrieved 31 July 2009.
3. Bensaid, A.; Tomé, D., L’Heureux-Bourdon, D., Even, P., Gietzen, D., Morens, C., Gaudichon, C., Larue-Achagiotis, C. and Fromentin, G. (2003). "A high-protein diet enhances satiety without conditioned taste aversion in the rat". Physiology and behavior 78 (2): 311–320. doi:10.1016/S0031-9384(02)00977-0. PMID 12576130.
4. Fricke, O.; Baecker, N., Heer, M., Tutlewski, B. and Schoenau, E. (2008). "The effect of L-arginine administration on muscle force and power in postmenopausal women". Clinical physiology and functional imaging 28 (5): 307– 311. doi:10.1111/j.1475-097X.2008.00809.x. PMID 18510549.
5. Oesser, S.; Adam, M., Babel, W. and Seifert, J. (1999). "Oral administration of 14C labelled gelatine hydrolysate leads to an accumulation of radioactivity in cartilage of mice (C57/BL)". Journal of nutrition 129 (10): 1891– 1895. PMID 10498764.
6. Iwai, K.; Hasegawa, T., Taguchi, Y., Morimatsu, F., Sato, K., Nakamura, Y., Higashi, A., Kido, Y., Nakabo, Y. and Ohtsuki, K. (2005). "Identification of food-derived collagen peptides in human blood after oral ingestion of gelatine hydrolysates". Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 53 (16): 6531– 6536. doi:10.1021/jf050206p. PMID 16076145.
7. Matsumoto, H.; Ohara, H., Ito, K., Nakamura, Y. and Takahashi, S. (2006). "Clinical effects of fish type I collagen hydrolysate on skin properties". ITE Letters 7 (4): 386–390.
8. Matsuda, N.; Koyama, Y., Hosaka, Y., Ueda, H., Watanabe, T., Araya, T., Irie, S. and Takehana K. (2006). "Effects of ingestion of collagen peptide on collagen fibrils and glycosaminoglycans in the dermis". Journal of nutrition vitaminology 52 (3): 211–215. doi:10.3177/jnsv.52.211.
9. Postlethwaite, A.E.; Seyer, J.M. and Kang, A.H. (1978). "Chemotactic attraction of human fibroblasts to type I, II, and III collagens and collagen-derived peptides". Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 75 (2): 871– 875. doi:10.1073/pnas.75.2.871. PMC 411359. PMID 204938.
10. Shigemura, Y.; K Iwai, F Morimatsu, T Iwamoto, T Mori, C Oda, T Taira, EY Park, Y Nakamura and K Sato (2009). "Effect of prolyl-hydroxyproline (Pro-Hyp), a food-derived collagen peptide in human blood, on growth of fibroblasts from mouse skin". Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry 57 (2): 444–449. doi:10.1021/jf802785h.PMID 19128041.
11. Moskowitz, R. (2000). "Role of collagen hydrolysate in bone and joint disease". Seminars in arthritis and rheumatism 30 (2): 87–99. doi:10.1053/sarh.2000.9622.PMID 11071580.
12. Ruiz-Benito, P.; Camacho-Zambrano, M.M., Carrillo-Arcentales, J.N., Mestanza-Peralta, M.A., Vallejo-Flores, C.A., Vargas-Lopez, S.V., Villacis-Tamayo, R.A. and Zurita-Gavilanes, L.A. (2009). "A randomized controlled trial on the efficacy and safety of a food ingredient, collagen hydrolysate, for improving joint comfort". International journal of food science and nutrition 12: 1–15. doi:10.1080/09637480802498820.
13. Oesser, S.; Seifert, J. (2003). "Stimulation of type II collagen biosynthesis and secretion in bovine chondrocytes cultured with degraded collagen". Cell tissue research 311(3): 393–399. doi:10.1007/s00441-003-0702- 8. PMID 12658447.
14. Nomura, Y.; Oohashi, K.; Watanabe, M. and Kasugai (2005). "Increase in bone mineral density through oral administration of shark gelatine to ovariectomized rats". S Nutrition 21 (11-12): 1120– 1126. doi:10.1016/j.nut.2005.03.007. PMID 16308135.
15. European Food Safety Authority - EFSA Panel on Dietetic Products, Nutrition and Allergies. Scientific Opinion on the substantiation of a health claim related to collagen hydrolysate and maintenance of joints pursuant to Article 13(5) of Regulation (EC) No 1924/20061. EFSA Journal 2011;9(7):2291.
16. Barnett ML, Kremer JM, St Clair EW, Clegg DO, Furst D, Weisman M, Fletcher MJ, Chasan-Taber S, Finger E, Morales A, Le CH, Trentham DE: Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis with oral type II collagen. Results of a multicenter, double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. Arthritis Rheum 1998 Feb;41(2):290-7.
17. Ausar SF, Beltramo DM, Castagna LF, Quintana S, Silvera E, Kalayan G, Revigliono M, Landa CA, Bianco ID: Treatment of rheumatoid arthritis by oral administration of bovine tracheal type II collagen. Rheumatol Int. 2001 May;20(4):138-44.
18. Trentham DE, Dynesius-Trentham RA, Orav EJ, Combitchi D, Lorenzo C, Sewell KL, Hafler DA, Weiner HL: Effects of oral administration of type II collagen on rheumatoid arthritis. Science 1993 Sep 24;261(5129):1727-30.
19. Bagchi D, Misner B, Bagchi M, Kothari SC, Downs BW, Fafard RD, Preuss HG: Effects of orally administered undenatured type II collagen against arthritic inflammatory disease: a mechanistic exploration. Int J Clin Pharmacol Res. 2002;22(3-4):101-10.
20. Sieper J, Kary S, Sorensen H, Alten R, Eggens U, Huge W, Hiepe F, Kuhne A, Listing J, Ulbrich N, Braun J, Zink A, Mitchison NA: Oral type II collagen treatment in early rheumatoid arthritis. A double-blind, placebo-controlled, randomized trial. Arthritis Rheum. 1996 Jan;39(1):41-51.
21. McKown KM, Carbone LD, Kaplan SB, Aelion JA, Lohr KM, Cremer MA, Bustillo J, Gonzalez M, Kaeley G, Steere EL, Somes GW, Myers LK, Seyer JM, Kang AH, Postlethwaite AE: Lack of efficacy of oral bovine type II collagen added to existing therapy in rheumatoid arthritis. Arthritis Rheum. 1999 Jun;42(6):1304-8
22. Cazzola M, Antivalle M, Sarzi-Puttini P, Dell’Acqua D, Panni B, Caruso I: Oral type II collagen in the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. A six-month double blind placebo-controlled study. Clin Exp Rheumatol. 2000 Sep-Oct; 18(5):571-7.
23. Helps to reduce joint pain associated with osteoarthritis (Bruyère et al. 2012; Benito-Ruiz et al. 2009; Clark et al. 2008).
25. "What Is Hydrolyzed Collagen?". Livestrong.com Blog. Retrieved 8 June 2011.